AISB Community-Based Engagement
Community-Based Engagement (CBE) strives for students to be active and involved members of the community in which they live. The goal of CBE is for students to become involved in an issue that is important to them and to take action to learn and improve the situation.
Students in grades 9-12 are required to:
● Plan and set personal goals for what they hope to achieve through CBE
● Talk through your ideas and plan with the CBE consultant and/or advisor
● Complete and submit the Goal Setting Form for CBE
● Plan, do, and reflect (plan activities, carry them out, and reflect upon what you have learned)
● Keep records of your activities, achievements, and disappointments throughout the
● Show evidence of learning and growth
The CBE program provides an opportunity for students to:
● Meaningfully engage with their community
● Improve the life-skills needed to work effectively within a community
● Enjoy the sense of accomplishment and belonging that comes from community engagement
● Learn more about the community in which they live
● Create a project that is meaningful to them and helpful to the community
Students who choose not to participate openly and authentically in the program will lose the opportunity to develop in these areas.